Saturday 14 July 2012

Stacking the Shelves #3


Rules

  • Create your own Stacking The Shelves post. You can use my official graphic or your own, but please link back to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!
  • You can set your post any way you want, simple book list, covers, pictures, vlog, sky is the limit!
  • I am posting Stacking The Shelves on Saturdays, but feel free to post yours any day that fits you.
  • Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link so others can visit you!
  • Visit other participants link to find out what they added to their shelves!



Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (Bought) 



















I was so happy that I found this one in my bookstore. This a perfect vacation book, thick, full of magic and rich history interwoven with an exciting plot. I devoured the first book in the series: A Discovery of Witches, last summer vacation and I've already started this one.

Four Ways to Forgiveness by Ursula K. Le Guin (Bought)

I've been looking for this book for years and found it recently in a thrift shop. I may have let out a little scream and my day couldn't be ruined afterwards ;)

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (Bought)


Classic that has been recommended to me a lot, so when I found a hardcover edition in the thrift shop I  couldn't stop myself from buying it.


Salome and other Plays by Oscar Wilde (Bought)


Oscar Wilde is awesome, and this was a cute bound edition of some of his plays.


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (Bought)


We already own the entire series in Dutch and English, but when I leave the house I want them in English for my own. So far I've got one, two, seven and now three. Harry Potter books are forever <3


Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind (Birthday gift)


My boyfriend (who loves everything fantasy) gave me the Dutch edition of Wizard's first rule for my birthday. It's a big one and I think I'm saving this one until


Before I Die by Jenny Downham (Bought)

Bought the Dutch version of Before I Die. It's about a girl who knows she is going to die in four months and makes a to-do before I die list. I've had my fill of cancer books for a while but the reviews are good and the premise sounds interesting.







No comments:

Post a Comment

"Embedded Below Post"